There is something sacred about mornings. As the blanket of night gradually concedes to the brilliance of a new day. Somewhere between the tug of sleep and the steady nudge of morning, I find my sweet spot. The sun covers my body in a warm blanket of light and the sounds of nature beckon to me a fresh start. I cherish mornings like this when I’m not awakened by the sound of an alarm clock, or a blaring television. When I’m not feeling rushed, nervous or anxious about the day ahead, but can awaken with ease and in my bodies own timing. I find much reward when I am able to give these gratifying mornings purpose by spending time with God.
But honestly, most of my mornings are no where near this gentle or serene, in fact I wouldn’t consider myself an early morning person at all. So when I have to get up early my usual mornings consist of waking up to the harsh sound of an alarm clock which I have set to go off four or five times, rushing around groggy with sleep still in my eyes as I get ready for work (usually running late), walk my dogs, make my breakfast etc etc. There usually is no time for God, or at least I don’t make time for Him. It’s easy on the weekend’s when I’m alone in bed to pick up the bible first thing and read but mornings like this it usually doesn’t even cross my mind.
Proverbs 8:17 states, …and those that seek me early shall find me. In some scriptures, early, is replaced with diligently, but either way our goal is to seek Him at a time when we are free of distractions and able to focus completely. In the bible we see that Jesus, got up before the sun rose to pray so that there would be no interruptions or disturbances. And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed. (Mark 1:35) This week I’m taking a note from Jesus and will do my best to wake up early and pray. Who knows maybe it will stick, if you want to join me comment below and we can help keep each other on task!
Below are some biblical quotes about the morning…
- Psalm 5:3 In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.
- Psalm 143:8 (ES) – Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
- Psalm 5:3 (ESV) – O Lord, in the morning you hear my voice; in the morning I prepare a sacrifice for you and watch.
- Psalm 30:5 (ESV) – For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.
- I also ran across this cool fact about essential oils such as rose and lavender which are best harvested in early morning because the yield is the greatest during this time. The amount of oil diminishes throughout the day, much like our energy in some cases.
Be blessed, and here’s to a purposeFULL life!
2 thoughts on “The sacred morning”
This is beautifully written.
Awwww thank you lady 😊